Thursday, October 9, 2014

Posted by Ashley on 10:36 PM 1 comment
Spaghetti Squash at it's Finest
I'm officially on the bandwagon



First and foremost, just look at this:


^^Can you believe that!? 
Makes this dish all the more great. I couldn't fit all of the nutrients and vitamins in the screenshot that are in spaghetti squash, go ahead and google it yourself to see :)

This was my first success in working with spaghetti squash and it was actually quite simple!

To Prepare Spaghetti Squash:

1. Preheat over to 375
2. Cut the squash in half (long way)
3. Scrape out the seeds and gunk from the inside. 
I found an icecream scooper to be an awesome tool for this
4. Place cut sides down on foil-lined baking sheet
5. Cook for one hour
6. Let cool for 15-30 minutes
7. Take a fork and begin pulling out the "spaghetti"





Now for this specific dish...

Ingredients:
Spaghetti Squash (prepared)
Black Beans (one can)
Whole Kernel Corn (one can)
Zesty Tomatoes (one can)
Meat - if desired (I went with pepperoni) Shredded chicken would be a great addition!

While the spaghetti squash was cooking, I combined all other ingredients in a bowl and then began to cook over the stove on a low setting. Once the squash was done, I forked it (I know, but it works) and combined it in the pan, moving up to a medium setting for about 5 minutes. Then it was time to serve!! I topped with some finely grated romano and asiago cheese.





1 comments: