Sunday, November 10, 2013

Posted by Ashley on 10:56 AM No comments


I've spent months searching for a deep purple end table for my living room, and couldn't find anything that was reasonably priced. 

When I saw this table at Goodwill, I also noticed that all furniture was half off that day. So I figured I would give the whole upcycle thing a try, and worst case scenario I only wasted 3 bucks on this table.

I am so happy with how it turned out I think upcycling may become a new obsession real quick. I originally had planned to leave it matte versus glossy but apparently I purchased the wrong finishing glaze...however, it worked out for the best.

I began by washing it down and super gluing the loose pieces together

The top of this table was cracked and coarse, so I took a sander to it to smooth things out



I didn't have primer at the time, so I just used my Titanium White acrylic paint for a base ( 2 coats )
*I let each coat dry for 24 throughout this process



The purple was also an acrylic color, and I applied it with a cheap little sponge brush tool
*4-5 coats of purple



Finally I finished it off with a clear finishing spray (remember to double check the can, like I said I didn't know this can had a glossy finish until I applied it)




^^ "Like" on Facebook for updates, tips & tricks



0 comments:

Post a Comment